Are you thinking about buying or selling a business or are you looking for a potential investor? Whatever you are trying to achieve, we will help you throughout the process.
Our professionals will:
• Help you identify potential investors or acquisition targets.
• Help you define a transaction strategy.
• Guide you through the entire transaction process.
Our advice and various transaction services are tailored to your needs and the requirements of your unique transaction. As a team, we have advised buyers and sellers alike on a wide range of local and international transactions. We will be happy to assist you during the following phases of your transaction:
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
When you are buying or selling a business or fundraising for growth, you look for independent advice and insight that provides a commercial advantage. You need advisers with a deep understanding of your business objectives and your industry and market.
Our sector-led approach means we are able to provide you with the genuine expertise in what matters to you. You will also find that we are able and willing to challenge where we believe it is needed.
You will also benefit from our commercial insights including analysis of trends, current issues and benchmarking as well as our experience of successfully completing transactions. You can also call on us to deliver a range of invaluable related services including financial modelling and value creation services. No matter which sector you are operating in, we have significant expertise and knowledge.
Areas of services:
- Preparation of selling or investing strategy and action plan (so-called „process letter“).
- Preparation of information memorandum, factbook or teaser.
- Communication with potential sellers/buyers/investors.
- Management and support of your employees in elaboration of seller/buyer/investment profile.
- Management of preparation process and coordination of a data room.
- Support of your employees in preparation of relevant information to be provided in the data room.
- Communication with potential sellers/buyers/investors and their consultants regarding the data room.
- Management of ongoing communication with consultants of potential sellers/buyers/investors regarding the finalization of bids.
- Evaluation of the finalization bids.
- Evaluation of the finalized bids from individual sellers/buyers/investors and preparation of a short-list of suitable candidates.
- Support in selection of a preferred candidate/candidates based on conditions in advance.
- Cooperation with a legal team and support in elaboration of final transaction terms.
Buy-side services and acquisition due diligence
There are many reasons why you may want or need to buy a company. You may be looking to access new sectors, new customers or new markets. You may also be expanding your product range or even acquiring a rival product.
When you have found a suitable target, it is the right time to carrying out acquisition due diligence. Our team provides high-level expertise in area of financial, tax, legal, real estate, or human resources due diligence. We deliver bespoke reports that are prepared by due diligence experts and sector specialists. The reports provide the ideas and actionable insights that will help you complete a successful deal or transaction.
Sell/side services and vendor due diligence
The decision to sell part or all your company is an important one. Above all, you will want to negotiate the best price for your business. To achieve this, you need to have robust financial information, have a strong sales message for potential buyers and to control the sales process. You will need to do all this while avoiding any disruption to the day-to-day running of your business as even a small issue may affect the sale.
Our robust, independent review of your business is designed to deliver the information you need to support your sales messaging and process. It will identify potential obstacles to a smooth sales process and we will make recommendations on how overcome those obstacles.
Is your business facing financial and operational difficulties or even potential insolvency? Are you looking for advice and help to return to financial health and business success? Need the expert advice that comes with a partner-led service and the resources and reach of a global accountancy firm?
Our commercially-minded team will work with your management team and your stakeholders to identify the best possible outcome and make it a reality. We will help you find efficiencies, improve business performance and preserve value.
The signing of the sales-purchase agreement represents the final part of the entire transaction. It is the result of long-term work and negotiations on the part of the buyer and seller. It is therefore important that the sales-purchase agreement actually meets the requirements of client and is fully committed to signing it. For this reason, it is essential to have a team of experts with experience in the field of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) who can provide you with services related to the signing of a sales-purchase agreement (SPA).
At BDO, we are therefore happy to help you with the following SPA services:
- Support during negotiation process with the counterparty.
- Preparation or review of Purchase/sales agreements.
- Definition of net working capital and net debt.
- Other services tailored to your needs.