Companies and organizations around the world are striving to withstand a rapidly changing and highly competitive environment. At BDO, we are convinced that it is internal audit that is at the forefront of this effort: it is the closest collaborator of the company's top management and its role is to provide management with valuable information and recommendations to improve processes and streamline the entire company.
The role of internal audit is to help the organization achieve its goals and meet its mission. Internal audit is a management partner that not only helps manage risks, but also highlights opportunities.
In practice, this means that internal audit:
- verifies that the risks associated with the organization's activities are under control; at the same time, it should assess whether the control mechanisms applied are no longer excessive and correspond to the overall risk approach applied in the organization;
- can advise on improving existing processes and highlight potential opportunities, including innovation and savings
For example, internal audit can help you with the following challenges:
- increasing efficiency and achieving savings
- process automation and robotization
- protection of important information
- A constructive approach to comply with increasing regulation
- effective defense against fraud and corruption
- gaining and maintaining the trust of key partners and the public
An effective solution
We approach internal audit at BDO to bring ideas and innovations and help you achieve your ambitions. With us, you can be sure that our work does not end with a list of findings. You can count on management to work on pragmatic solutions.
We always tailor internal audit services to the needs of our clients. These services include:
- full outsourcing of internal audit
- co-sourcing of internal audit
- external evaluation of the quality of the internal audit
- Assistance in implementing and setting up internal audit in the organization
- IT internal audit
- support of the audit committee
- training courses