BDO M&A Horizons 2023
22 May 2023
Original content provided by BDO Ireland
Welcome to the second edition of Horizons in 2023, in which BDO M&A professionals around the world present their insights on mid-market deal activity and sector trends.
In this edition of BDO M&A Horizons, in addition to our usual Global View, we have deep dived into sector commentary by our experts around the globe.
Our analysis of data shows that whilst M&A activity is still high, overall activity declined in the opening quarter of 2023. And once again, the most noticeable aspect in the quarter was the prominence of private equity investments with nearly 38% of the total deal activity.
Our sector insights in this issue focus on:
- Manufacturing - Another Year of M&A Growth
- TMT - Generative Ai Boosts Cybersecurity M&A Performance Amid TMT Industry Uncertainty
- Financial Services - Market Trends Look Set to Foster Continued Growth In M&A
- Real Estate - Are Rising Rates Killing the Market In 2023 Or Setting Us Up For The Next Rally?
- Packaging - Sustainability Focus Drives Innovation and Dealmaking Activity
- Natural Resources - Dealmaking Activity Remains Buoyant with Renewables Leading the Way
Download full report
Content adapted from BDO Global.