Information on personal data processing (online)
The information below explains the process of handling with your personal data you have provided to us and also defines your rights related to the personal data processing.
Our group of BDO entities, as follows:
- company BDO, spol. s r. o., seat at Eurovea - Central 3, Pribinova 10, 811 09 Bratislava, BIN: 35 836 032, registered in Commercial registry of District court Bratislava I, section Sro, insert no. 26518/B,
- company BDO Services, spol. s r. o., seat at Eurovea - Central 3, Pribinova 10, 811 09 Bratislava, BIN: 35 716 401, registered in Commercial registry of District court Bratislava I, section Sro, insert no. 14535/B,
- company BDO Audit, spol. s r. o., seat at Eurovea - Central 3, Pribinova 10, 811 09 Bratislava, BIN: 44 455 526, registered in Commercial registry of District court Bratislava I, section Sro, insert no. 54967/B,
- company BDO Tax, k.s., seat at Eurovea - Central 3, Pribinova 10, 811 09 Bratislava, BIN: 46 396 381, registered in Commercial registry of District court Bratislava I, section Sr, insert no. 1078/B,
- company BDO Legal s.r.o., seat at Carlton Savoy 2, Mostová 2, 811 02 Bratislava I, BIN: 51 803 330, registered in Commercial registry of District court Bratislava I, section Sr, insert no. 129300/B
- company The Edison Consulting Group, spol. s r.o., seat at Eurovea - Central 3, Pribinova 10, 811 09 Bratislava, BIN: 47 237 678, registered in Commercial registry of District court Bratislava I, section Sro, insert no. 79264/B,
will be processing your personal data in accordance with Regulation and Act on Personal Data Processing
What is the purpose of your personal data processing?
We will only collect your personal information if you choose to disclose it, for example to contact you by e-mail, phone or in any other way that you choose to contact us, but especially through the contact form on our website www.bdoslovakia.com.
The primary purpose of processing your personal data is to respond to your inquiry and provision of tax, accounting and business advisory. Provision of personal data for realization of demand or other message submitted in a contact form in our website, or provision of personal data via e-mail is essential for us to be able to respond to you properly and in a timely manner. We will not be able to answer to your inquiry if data in the extent necessary for fulfillment are not provided. Providing personal data for the purpose of provision of tax, accounting and business advisory is essential for us to provide you with the services you require.
If you have consented to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes, we will process your personal data to the extent of the consent given. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing of personal data prior to its withdrawal.
Our company as data controller processes only personal data necessary for the responding to your inquiry or personal data with granted consent to their processing.
What is the legal ground for personal data processing?
List of legal grounds, which authorize our company to personal data processing:
- Act no. 40/1964 Coll. Civil Code as amended;
- Act no. 513/1991 Coll. Commercial Code as amended;
- Authorized interest of data controller;
- Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on personal data processing;
- Execution of agreement;
- Consent of the data subject.
Which kind of the personal data are collected?
For the purpose of the response to your inquiry in a submitted contact form or for the purpose of the response to your questions sent to an e-mail address of our company or for the purpose of direct marketing (if the consent was granted), the data controller collects the following personal data:
- name, surname, title,
- telephone number,
- e-mail address,
- name of the company,
- the personal data listed in the accompanying message,
- the personal data listed in the received email,
- the personal data listed in a phone call,
- the personal data provided for the purpose of provision of tax, accounting and business advisory,
- IP address.
What kind of institutions are your personal data shared with?
- Your personal data are processed by the software available to the data controller’s employees.
- The data controller cooperates with a variety of external entities whose interoperability is necessary for the proper provision of response to your inquiry,or provision of ordered service and share with them your personal data. Such external entities are in particular quilified external subcontractors, with which our company usually cooperates on provision of our services (mostly advocates, tax advisors, auditors, accountants etc.) or IT providers, with which we cooperate for the purpose of proper function of our web page.
- Your personal data collected for the purpose of the direct marketing are not shared with any third parties and the solely purpose of their processing is the direct marketing of our company.
„Cookie“ on our webpage
- the ability to communicate by e-mail,
You can check and / or delete cookies at your discretion - for details please visit www.aboutcookies.org. You can clear all cookies stored on your computer and set most browsers to prevent them from being stored. In this case, however, you may need to manually adjust some settings each time you visit a website, and some of the services and features of our website may not work properly.
Using Google Analytics and Google Remarketing
Our company also uses cloud solutions for internal communication or communication with sister’s companies, or qualified service providers we cooperate with. We use these solutions primarily to increase productivity and mobility of employees and subcontractors, internal cooperation on documents and information activities of individual authorized persons. We use web portals to collaborate between our employees and partners, to share and create information. To protect the data shared within these cloud solutions, we use advanced technologies and software tools to encrypt data to maintain the protection and integrity of shared data.
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in the online environment. Our website is not specifically designed and aimed at children under 16 years of age. We never knowingly collect information about persons under 16 years of age and do not store information about them, except as part of an engagement to provide our professional services or if they were part of the inquiry submitted on our webpage.
Foreign transfer of the personal data
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the territory of the Slovak Republic. This does not apply in the case of your explicit consent to such transfer of your personal data abroad or in case of provision of ordered services abroad.
What is the time period of the personal data maintain?
Your personal data will be retained for the period necessary for the fulfilment of its purpose, resp. for the period of archiving stipulated by the Act on Archives and Registries. For further details about the retention period of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your personal data will be stored safely, in accordance with the security policy of the data processor and only for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing. Your personal data will only be accessed by persons authorized by the data controller to process personal data that are processed by the controller in accordance with the controller's security policy.
Your personal data is backed up, in accordance with the retention policy of the data processor. Your backup data will be completely deleted as soon as it is possible in accordance with the backup rules. Personal data stored on backup sites is used to prevent security incidents, in particular to disrupt data availability as a result of a security incident. The Company is obliged to provide data backup in accordance with the security requirements of the Regulation and the Act on Personal Data Protection Act.
You have the right to request for an access to your personal data at any time. You have the right to request a confirmation of the processing your personal data and to request a copy of your personal data.
If your personal data has changed, you can request us for an update, or completion of your personal data, personally. You have also the right to request us to have your incomplete personal data completed.
You have the right to request us for an erasure, or restriction of processing your personal data. Personal data processed on the basis of consent to process a personal data for the marketing purposes will be erased immediately upon the delivery of the request for erasure of such data, or immediately upon withdrawal of consent to process a personal data.
If you no longer want your personal data which were collected on the basis of your consent, to be processed by our company, but you want your personal data which were collected on the basis of your consent, to be processed by another subject, you may request us to provide you your personal data. Your personal data will be provided to you without undue delay in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
Your personal data will be used for marketing purposes only if you have consented to such use expressly when granting your consent to the processing of your personal data. If you consented with the processing your personal data for the direct marketing purposes, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
You may exercise your rights any time either personally at our registered office or by post to any of the companies listed in the introduction or by email to: [email protected].
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
Your personal data will not be processed for automated decision-making or profiling.
What if your rights has been during the processing your personal data violated?
If you believe that your rights have been violated in the processing of your personal data, or your personal data are not processed for such a purpose or to an extent that was agreed, you have the right to contact the Data Protection Authority, with the registered office situated at Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava.
The contact details of the data protection officer
The data protection officer who performs the duties and obligations based on the data protection law in the area of the personal data protection has the contact details as following:
JUDr. Natália Felvidékyová
Tel: +421 2 5710 6655
E-Mail: [email protected]
 REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
 Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on personal data processing